Posted On May 16, 2014
Welcome to Foodie Friday, where I share some of my favorite recipes, shopping and cooking tips and gadgets from this week.
First up, is a little food art – it’s something I’ve been playing around with for this past year in an effort to get my children to eat a broader variety of healthy food. I try to make each plate a complete meal, usually out of the same ingredients that I use to make dinner for my husband and myself.
- Chicken sausage caterpillar with sliced up yellow peppers (the eyes are two pieces of brown rice)
- Pureed broccoli “grass” with salt & parmesan cheese
- Steamed cauliflower “clouds”
- Yellow pepper sun
Must Try Recipes
- Salad dressing bottle that makes it easy to make and store your own homemade salad dressing – a skill I am seriously lacking in. (Amazon, thanks to 100daysofrealfood for the tip)
- Immersion blender: I use my handheld blender twice a day. It’s easy to use and clean and ideal for smoothies, mashes and purees